How to Verify your Facebook Business Account:- Have you ever seen Facebook Business pages that are verified? Have you ever thought it possible to have your own page verified? Whether you ever believed it or not, you can do it and your page can be verified.
In this section, we will be guiding you on how to verify your Facebook page. You are to be aware that page verification occurs in two major ways: one is by “Automatic Verification” by Facebook and the other is by applying for it yourself. We will treat the latter.
Before we delve into details on how to verify your Facebook Account, here are the four categories of pages that Facebook verifies: Celebrities, Journalists, Government Officials, Popular Brand or Businesses.
If you fall within these categories, then, your page can be verified through the processes below, and you will stand to gain a higher reputation as well as getting more likes and comments on Facebook.
Before You Apply for Verification
Before you apply for verification on Facebook, here are things you need to put in place.
- You must have an existing page in which you are the “Admin”.
- There should be some content posted to your page.
- You must have a website.
- Ensure you have updated your “About” session on your page. Describe yourself in detail and what your page is all about.
- An iPhone, iPad, or Android with an internet connection
- Download Facebook Mentions Apps.
- Any ID Photo Card.
How To Verify Your Facebook Business Account
To start the verification process:
Go to Security Centre and click Start Verification in the Business verification section.
Note: The Start Verification button will be greyed out unless your business needs access to certain features.
- Enter business details: Enter your business details and click Next. The business information that you provide during the business verification process will become publicly visible if your Page has a large US audience or runs ads about social issues, elections, or politics in the US.
- Select your business: Select the correct business from the list or select None of these matches if your business is not displayed. If you select None of these matches, disregard steps 3-5 and learn how to upload official documents to complete the verification process.
- Confirm your business details: Select a phone number that you have access to from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Get a verification code: Choose to receive the verification code on your business phone number via a text message or a phone call or via email. The phone number option may not be available in all countries. Or verify your domain: If your domain is already verified, click Use Domain Verification. If not, complete the domain verification process, then return to the Security Centre and select Continue.
- Enter verification code (not applicable if you use domain verification) Enter your verification code. Click Submit.
If you receive confirmation that your business is verified, you’re all set! You may not receive confirmation straight away. If you don’t receive confirmation straight away, you’ll receive a notification when the review is complete. You can also check your status in the Security Centre.
Easy Steps to get your page verified…
- Change your page setting to “Public Figure”.
- Open the downloaded Facebook Mentions
- Once open, click on “Get Started”.
- On the next opened page, type in your name.
- Next, since you are applying for page verification, click on ‘My page isn’t verified…’
- A form will appear. Select the page for your personal brand.
- Afterward, upload a copy of any photo ID (you will see the column for this).
- Next is to add your website
- Then, click on submit.
- Finally, run “boosted posts or ads” for about one week.
- Your page will be verified.
We have taken our time to break this down into the smallest details. Do you have any questions regarding how to verify your Facebook Business page? Share with us and we shall attend to your misgivings and challenges. Thank you for visiting us today.